When we are baptised we become members of the Body of Christ. This means that we are called to be the presence of Christ in the world. As the Body of Christ, we belong to the community of the Church. We live out this belonging in our parish. For the Church, for the Body of Christ to be fully alive everybody needs to be actively involved. There are many things we can do in our parish.
Examples of activities in the parish that can be done for the Award are:
- Reading at Mass
- Altar Server
- Eucharistic Minister
- Member of choir/folk group
- Composing prayers of the faithful
- Preparing articles for the parish bulletin
- Involvement with faith-based activities at the Youth Commission
- There may be other activities that you are involved in that are not included here but may be relevant, if so please contact Claire Smylie at firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.
As members of the Body of Christ, through baptism, we make Christ present by the way we treat others. Our faith is lived out most fully in our actions, that is why it is important to be aware of the needs of others and to minister to their needs. That is why ‘Social Awareness’ is such an important aspect of this Award.
Examples of activities in the area of Social Awareness that you could do for your Award are:
- Member of St. Vincent de Paul
- Working in a youth club
- Charity fundraising
- Regular visitation of residential homes
- Faith Friends
There may be other activities that you are involved in that are not included here but may be relevant, if so please contact Claire Smylie at email@example.com for guidance.